Update (March 17): Because the reduction of social contact is the most effective tool we have, please be advised that all counselling sessions will now be virtual (by phone or video counselling), effective March 18, 2020. Effective March 18, our office will be closed to the public until further notice. This is in keeping with what our partner mental health agencies are doing around Ontario.
We have prepared a list of helpful resources to help us all cope during this time. You can read about them here.
Please see our website or Facebook page, or call our office if you wish to book a virtual counselling appointment, to ask questions or to speak with our staff.
To read our full statement in response to COVID – 19, view this document.
Shalem is committed to the health of our staff and participants. We are continually watching this very fluid situation and will respond accordingly.
To protect your health and that of our employees, we are taking the following steps at our main site and at the other locations:
- wiping down high traffic surfaces twice daily
- asking all staff and participants to wash their hands when entering our office, and through out the day
- asking staff and participants to not attend their appointments if they are feeling sick or have travelled to any hotspots in the last several months
- we will not be offering complimentary coffee or beverages in our offices at this time
- we have removed all magazines and toys from our reception area
We appreciate your willingness to follow the above precautions and contributing to the health of our community.
Our counselling office is open and you are welcome to keep your appointment if you are comfortable travelling to our office and can answer no to the following screening questions:
- Do you or anyone in your household have a new/worse cough or shortness of breath?
- Are you feeling feverish, or have you had the shakes, chills or a fever in the last 24 hours?
- Have you travelled internationally in the last 14 days?
- Have you had close contact with a confirmed or probable case of someone with COVID-19 in the last 28 days?
You are welcome to bring your own hot beverage, or water and reading material to enjoy in our offices.
We will be monitoring the situation and will be posting any updates about our upcoming conferences and trainings, and will be following public health guidelines about postponements or cancellations of our events as they are recommended.
As always, if you have any concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected] or by calling 866.347.0041