Our Dream (Vision)
Every person is thriving in healthy relationships in strong communities, regardless of circumstances.
Our Part (Mission)
The Shalem Mental Health Network accompanies persons and communities as they journey towards emotional health and mental wellness. We do so through our unique contributions of:
- Serving and advocating for clients
- Strengthening communities to meet the needs of their most vulnerable members
- Developing effective partnerships between communities and professional mental health supports
- Discovering and sharing best practices with others
Our DNA (Values)
As followers of Jesus Christ, grounded in His ministry of compassion and healing for all, we value:
- Hope – We believe that hope, emerging in the midst of lament, can enable every person to embrace the fullness of life.
- Community for all – We understand that healing flourishes through healthy supportive relationships.
- Partnership – We network and work collaboratively with communities that contribute to emotional health and mental wellness.
- Stewardship – We are faithful to the purpose for which resources are given and manage them with transparency and accountability.
- Professionalism – We adhere to professional ethics and best practices.
- Creativity – We contribute to community-based research and practice through our innovation and resourcefulness.