Mark Vander Vennen and Anne Martin will be in Grand Rapids, Michigan giving a three day training: “Restorative Practices for Congregations”. This will be from October 7 – 9, 2015 at the denominational office of the Christian Reformed Church of North America. For more information, you can view this flyer.
In January 2016, Anne Martin will present in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic for Edu Deo Ministries on “Conflict Resolution: A Restorative Approach“. For more information on this work in the Dominical Republic visit Edu Deo.
At the Promise Keepers “Legacy” Conference on October 17, 2015, Mark will be presenting on Men and Depression. This conference is in Kingston at the Salvation Army Citadel. For more information and to register visit this link.
Anne Martin, Bruce Schenk and Mark Vander Vennen will be presenting at the 19th Annual World Conference of the International Institute of Restorative Practices in Bethelehem, PA. This workshop will be on October 26, 2015 and is on Enhancing Employee Engagement:The Restorative Lens in Action. For more information and to register, visit this link.
A number of Shalem staff will be participating in the Annual Day of Encouragement in Ancaster on October 17, 2015.
- Susan Winter Fledderus will speak on “When Marriages Fall Apart: How Churches can support couples and their families”.
- Jennifer Bowen will lead a workshop entitled: “Mental Health in Our Churches: Let’s Talk About It”.
- Anne Martin will present on “Going Forth Creating Healthy Relationships: A Restorative Response to the Great Commission”.
For more information and to register for this event, visit Diaconal Ministries.
Several of Shalem’s staff will be presenting at the 2015 Edifide Convention on Friday, October 30, 2015. Here are the workshops offered by Shalem staff:
- Anne Martin will lead a workshop on “Boundaries, from a Restorative Practice Perspective.”
- Betty Brouwer’s workshop is on “Protecting Student’s Potential”.
- Shawn Groen will present “Protecting Your Potential through Mental Health”.
For more information visit Edifide’s website.
On Sunday, November 8, 2015, June Zwier will be participating in a mental health awareness at Westside CRC in Kingston. For more information, contact the church here.
On April 9, 2016, Faith and Hope Ministries will be presenting “Mental Illness : In Our Church, In Our Families”. This day long conference will be held in Cobourg and keynote speaker is Amy Simpson author of “TROUBLED MINDS: Mental Illness and the Church’s Mission“. Stay tuned for more information!
On Sept. 22 and 23, 2015, at a retreat for a group of seniors held at Fairhavens Retreat Centre, Mark Vander Vennen will be leading two workshops:
- The Emotional Impact of Immigration
- What’s Happening with our Grandkids?