To see a responsive network of faith-based mental health support.
To achieve our vision, we seek, as a Christian mental health association of Ontario, to stimulate, develop, demonstrate, promote and share best practices in meeting mental health needs from a faith base.
As resources permit, we accomplish our mission by:
- undertaking best practice projects that model the development of an active, integrated relationship between faith communities and the professional mental health sector;
- providing support and education to faith communities who seek to respond effectively to mental health needs;
- networking with, linking to and providing in-service training opportunities for professional Christian counsellors and mental health workers across Ontario;
- offering professional counselling services where these serve our vision and mission;
- ensuring that an ethic and practice of partnership and mutual enrichment permeates the accomplishment of our mission.
- We are committed to the person, values and character of Jesus, the Christ, as described in the gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
- We are committed to healthy relationships as a first priority.
- We are committed to the highest level of stewardship.
- We are committed to the practice of care and prevention in the areas of emotional distress and mental illness, especially for those in communities that struggle and are vulnerable.